Songs for Sprouts
An innovative program to enhance academic growth and develop musical skills
Where children can...
- Discover and develop a love and understanding of music
- Build essential academic and pre-academic skills in a success-oriented environment
- Improve speech and communication skills
- Expand social skills
- Explore concepts such as sequencing, pattern recognition, & problem solving
- Practice academic basics such as colors, counting, letters, word recognition, etc
- Improve memory
- Foster basic musicianship skills
- Provide oppurtunities for increased self-expression and creativity
- Engage in a fun, musical experience
Why MUSIC to support growth?
- Music stimulates all areas of the brain simultaneously and involves a child on multiple levels
- Music increases attention to task and provides important cues for academic exercises
- Music provides the natural order and structure children need to learn
- Music can increase self-expression and confidence
- Music helps to regulate movement and improve motor function
- Children LOVE music and engage naturally and enthusiastically
Songs for Sprouts is a developmentally focused young children's program designed for use in a preschool or day care setting. Emphasizing both the foundational skills necessary to ensure academic success and the development of musical ability, Songs for Sprouts was created and developed by therapists with years of experience in working with children through fun and goal-driven activities. Encouraging active and enthusiastic participation, Songs for Sprouts delights children with creative ways of music making and excites parents and teachers with its unique and effective approach to achieving developmental and academic milestones. Groups include a variety of musical fun including singing, movement activities, instrument playing, drumming, hand bells and much more.